Thursday, June 16, 2005

Anonymous Comment Pointing Out Fred Hotline Not Really Funny May Have Been Hoax

First Newsweek's Koran debacle and now this. Reports surfaced Thursday morning that earlier reports of anonymous comments claiming that the Fred Hotline was "not really funny" may have been fabricated.

A distraught, confused and possibly fictional FH staffer had this to say, "Oh great, not only does the blog I work for suck, but I'm made up. I am truly the real, or unreal, victim here. You know what I mean."

Returning from a gold prospecting trip, Fred B. Willie was quoted as saying, "This again? Go read another blog. That kid from Edmond (www.davetown.blogspot.com ) is always pontificating. Go read his stuff. As far as content (in the Fred Hotline) I stopped paying attention in 1986."

Upon further investigation, it turns out that there are no "Greensboro Offices" for the Fred Hotline. "My wife does let me use the corner of the bonus room," Willie said.

No comments: