Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mike D Limerick Update

(I've been out of town and just really a lack ass lately so here's another Mike D email until I can get my act together. R.)

"To those who braved the cold, thanks from the heart of my bottom. The rest of you, I could feel your prayers lifting me to limerick heights formerly unknown. The winner of the foosball table was a 65 year old M'coul's regular who sang a reworded Tu-ra-lu-ra-lu-ra. If I had known we could sing, well, who knows what would have transpired. But I'm not bitter. Okay, I'm a little bitter. I've petitioned M'coul's, and hopefully will be able to settle out of court. But, I'm pretty sure that I'm right here. I just assumed that sense the contest was named "M'coul's Limerick Contest" that the entries would be mostly limericks. Well, that's what happens when you make an assumption. You make an ass of you and umption.....or something like that.

I took second place and won an inflatable Guinness chair. Kind of weird having something that takes this long to blow up that you can't have sex with. I guess I can find solice in the fact that I was the top vote getting "limerick".

So, sorry guys...no foosball table, but a new lake toy.

Thanks again for the support.

2nd place winner of the 2006 M'coul's Limerick Contest (beaten by a song)

We all agreed that the Green Burro rules.
So for hours we sat on our stools,
Drinking martinis of gin,
Then gravity kicked in
And we fell down the stairs to M'coul's

The girls said, "hey, this place really rocks.
It's by far the best bar for blocks."
So they had a great time
For they were drunk off their wine.
Plus, they were surrounded by..........a bunch of dudes wearing green.

Mike Davis"

No comments: