Thursday, April 07, 2005

Three Channels and a Test Pattern

I often find myself thinking of my childhood and remember events that I compare to the world in which I live today.

I do remember riding in the front seat of my mother's car, unrestrained, and hitting my head against the windshield and breaking it. I also remember my father being really mad, not about my well-being, but about replacing a windshield.

By today's standards this would be outrageous, but back then no one was using seat belts.

I can also remember a time when we only had three television channels and TV "went off" at the end of the day. You could stay up real late on the weekends and watch TV until it ended. They would show a flag waving, air planes flying and the National Anthem would be playing. After that the announcer would say, "This concludes our broadcast day."

We now live in a world were children never get to ride in the front seat and TV is always on.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Two turntables and a microphone....