Friday, May 23, 2008

Mutt Williams is George Lucas

So I made Kevin go to the midnight showing of the new Indy film on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, however you look at it. I was planning to leave work and go see it at lunch time but Kevin was bitching about not being able to get away from the office and he had plans over the weekend so we went at midnight.

This is a great plan if you are in college-can sleep until noon and skip French the next day-but if you're a working man this is not good. There was a time when Fancy could bounce back with three hours of sleep, but those days are far gone. Just like my hero in the movie, I'm an old man. (I told people at work I had been out drinking all night to cover the next day. I'm not sure they believed me.)

I don't want to give up any plot lines here, but I do suggest going to the film this weekend, because that are too many spoilers for this story. I did want to point out that once again George Lucas has placed himself in the story. Like Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, the new character of Henry "Mutt" Williams is George in his youth. I looked on the internet,but could not find any of those great photos of Lucas as a "greaser" in his hotrod. Mutt looks just like him.

No comments: