Monday, July 18, 2005

American Idols Live!


Yeah, I went to the American Idols Live show in Greensboro, NC on Sunday, July 17, 2005. Here are just a few of the things I noticed.

There was a large digital sign inside the Greensboro Coliseum Complex reminding patrons that profanity was not allowed in the Coliseum Complex. They should have had this sign in the parking lot. I was using a lot of profanity when I was charged $8.00 to park my car.

Didn't I pay taxes for this place already? When I come to the Super-Flea it only cost $3.00 to park. I know, you need to pay all the high school drop-outs with the orange vests scratching themselves with the flashlights,but $8.00?

If we had a hurricane and I charged $25.00 for a sheet of plywood I could get put in jail, but I guess it's ok to rob concert goers? I have an idea. Only charge me $5.00 and I'll find my own spot. And one more thing, where the hell are all those helpful parking guys and gals when the show is over? I could use their help then.

I liked the part of the show when Nikko said "Are there any lovers in the house tonight?," and the six year-old-girl sitting in front of me jumped up and yelled, "Yeah!"

I heard Clay Aiken and Pamela Anderson were in the crowd. (Not together.)

The Coliseum might want to take that photo of Luther Vandross off its digitial "upcoming events" board. I pretty sure he's not coming.

I went to a KISS concert at the Greensboro Colisem Complex a few years ago and I would like to compare the two events. Here's the "Tale of the Tape".

American Idol Concert vs KISS Concert

Number of fights in women's restroom American Idol 0 KISS 2

Average Age of Concert Patron American Idol 14 KISS 42

Knives Confiscated American Idol 0 KISS 463

Pop-Tart Mascots American Idol 1 KISS 0

Number of visible tattoos American Idol 148 KISS 4537

Number of Patrons following rules
against profanity American Idol 6174 KISS 27

MILFs American Idol 1003 KISS 12

So, there it is a side by side comparison of the two events.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: